Cook time: 1 Hr 15 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: Makes three loaves
2 c mashed sweet potatoes (you can use canned or fresh baked. If using canned, drain well)
3 c white sugar
4 large eggs
1 c vegetable or canola oil
3/4 c orange juice
3 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
4 large eggs
2 pkg cream cheese, softened; 8 oz each
1 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 c flour (scant)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three loaf pans; set aside.
2. SWEET POTATO BREAD: In large mixing bowl, beat together sugar, eggs, and oil.
3. Stir in orange juice and mashed sweet potatoes.
4. In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, baking soda, and spices.
5. Stir into sweet potato mixture just until combined, DO NOT USE A MIXER! Set aside while making filling.
6. CREAM CHEESE FILLING: Beat together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and flour until smooth.
7. Spoon sweet potato bread batter into the bottom of each prepared loaf pan, reserving half of the batter. In each pan, layer cream cheese mixture over the sweet potato bread batter spreading smooth.
8. Top with the remaining batter.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potato Bread
9. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden and toothpick or knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in the pan.
10. Remove from pans and cool on wire rack. You can serve warm or room temp.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!