- 18 -ounce white cake mix (use ingredients listed here NOT what is listed on the box)
- 3 -ounce strawberry jello
- 1 cup fresh strawberries mashed or finely chopped (frozen can be used)
- 1 cup vegetable oil I always use canola
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 -ounce cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 5 to 6 cups confectioners’ sugar more if needed
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream more if needed
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries mashed or chopped fine, drainedPLEASE READ POST ABOVE FOR
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray pans with non-stick spray. Place the cake mix, jello, strawberries, oil, milk and eggs in a large bowl. Mix 3 minutes, stopping to scrap down sides of bowl a couple times. Divide the batter evenly among layer pans or pour into 9×13 inch pan. For 9×13 pan bake 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cook layers according to directions on box of cake mix.) Remove cake and cool completely.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Sift sugar and add one cup full at a time to cream mixture. Add cream and strawberries and incorporate completely. Pour over cake and smooth out covering entire cake layer.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!