Cook time: 25 Min Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 4
1 lb cube steak
1 medium onion, sliced
4 to 6 mushrooms, fresh
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c Panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp Season-All (optional)
1/2 tsp taco seasoning mix (optional)
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic, minced
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 c water or beef broth
1/4 c dry red wine
salt and pepper, to taste (for beef)
1. Pre-heat oil and butter in heavy skillet on medium to med-high heat. While heating, slice an onion and cut mushrooms into quarters.
2. Slightly pound the cube steaks. One pound of cube steak should equal 4 portions of the beef. If not, cut the steaks to make 4 servings. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Mix together the flour, Panko, and seasonings (NOTE: instead of Season All seasoning, we use Bucks Multi-Purpose Seasoning, which is a great seasoning for many foods).
4. Dredge the cube steaks in the flour mixture and place in the heated skillet. Cook approximately 3 minutes on each side then remove from the skillet.
5. Add onions and mushrooms to the skillet. Saute for approximately 4 to 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
6. Add 2 tbsp of flour to the pan and stir until incorporated into the onions and mushrooms. Add the wine and stir to incorporate pan drippings. Then add the water, package of dry onion soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, and 2 tbsp tomato paste.
7. Return the cooked cube steaks to the gravy mixture. Place lid on pan and cook on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes until desired doneness. Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes and a vegetable of choice.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!