Cook time: 50 Min Prep time: 30 Min Serves: 10-12
6 c apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 c shortening
2 eggs yolks plus water to equal 1 cup, reserve 1 egg white
1 c powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk or light cream approximately
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix apple slices, sugar, 1/2 cup flour and 1 tsp cinnamon for the filling. Set aside.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients for pie crust, reserving 1 egg white.
3. Divide dough in two pieces. Roll out 1/2 of the dough to fit a 10×15 inch jelly roll pan with sides.
4. Cover with apple mixture. Roll out top crust. Cover with top crust. Brush top with egg white. Slit crust.
5. Bake at 350 for 45-60 min.
6. Mix 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla with enough cream or milk to make a thin frosting.
7. Mix well and spread over hot crust.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!